STREET BASED OUTREACH
Look for our Street-Based Outreach Vehicles!
Our street based outreach staff provides outreach supplies to out-of-home, homeless youth and young adults on Whidbey Island. Some of the things outreach staff do are:
- Locate and provide vehicle-based street outreach to homeless youth and young adults who are on the street or temporarily living with friends, family members, and other adults.
- Make contact and develop rapport with youth and young adults experiencing homelessness.
- Connect with schools, public libraries, community businesses and other community services where youth are frequently located.
- Provide out-of-home youth and young adults with necessary referrals and information for temporary housing and community resources.
- Maintain and interact in a culturally and trauma informed, respectful, and professional demeanor.
- Transport youth and young adults to safe, temporary shelter as needed.
The goal of this program is to provide outreach and case management support services to provide unaccompanied homeless youth and young adults basic needs meeting them where they are. Assistance with food and medical, ID, tutoring, counseling, mediation and housing support are also available.
Please contact our office to request support: (360) 331-4575.