Volunteer Board Member
Board of Directors Job Description
Position Title: Member, Board of Directors
Term: 2 Years. Term is renewable.
- Bi-monthly meetings average 2 to 3 hours plus preparation time
- Volunteer time dependent on fundraising and desired hands-on time.
- Organizational leadership and advertisement
- Promotion of the Organization
- Fundraising outreach
- Review of the organizational and various program reports
- Formulation and oversight of policies and procedures
- Financial management, including adoption and oversight of the annual budget
- Oversight of program planning and evaluation
- Organization of Board of Directors, officers, and committees
Expectations of Board Members
- Attend and participate in meetings on a regular basis, and special events as able.
- Participate in at least one standing committee of the board.
- Be alert to community concerns that can be addressed by Ryan’s House for Youth’s mission, objectives, and programs.
- Help communicate and promote Ryan’s House for Youth mission and programs in the community.
- Understand the evolving needs of the young people Ryan’s House for Youth serves, and the need for evolving program.
- Become familiar with Ryan’s House for Youth’s finances, budget, and financial/resource needs.
- Contribute personal and financial resources according to circumstances
Please contact Amber Truex at (360)331-4575 or email@example.com for more information.